YGPC Minutes 3rd March 2020

YARPOLE GROUP PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 3rd March 2020 in Yarpole Parish Hall.

Present: Cllr Audrey Bott, Cllr Duncan Grant, Cllr Linda Middleton, Cllr Michael Denny, Cllr Geoff Trotter, Cllr Ian Salmon, Cllr Harold Holder, Cllr Andrew Daniels, Cllr Diane Russell, Cllr Sebastian Bowen, Parish Clerk Ms Emma Lewis .

3 members of the public were present.

1. Apologies for absence: Apologies were received from Cllr Nurse and PSCO Steph Harper
2. Declarations of interest and written requests for dispensation: No declarations were made.
3. Public Participation
3.1 Report from Ward Councillor: Council tax is due to rise by 3.9% with 2% of this being allocated for funding of social care. A visit to Envirosort is being organised, and councillors can book a place by contacting Cllr Bowen.
3.2 Report from West Mercia Police: The police had no matters to report; the next police surgery will be held at the café on 25th March at 11am.
3.3 Views of local residents on Parish matters: The issues with overflowing sewage from the pumping station in Yarpole were raised, as these have been reported as an issue dating back to 2007. It was agreed these would be discussed under item 10.4.
4. Minutes of Parish Council meeting held on 4th February 2020: The minutes were agreed and signed as a correct record.
5. Finance
5.1 Financial statement to date: The financial statement was agreed. The current account has a balance of £19,876.33 and the High Interest account has a balance of £15,077.46.
5.2 Cheques: Cheques were signed as follows: Clerk wages £554.11, HMRC £15.60, Village Hall £16.00, Herefordshire Council – PROW materials £1,254.65, HiTrees (2 invoices – PROW and lengthsman) £1,711.20, HALC annual fee £590.17, Clerk – petrol £48.60, Village Hall – boiler grant £4,250.00.
5.3 Contribution to the PCC for burial ground upkeep in Yarpole and Lucton: It was agreed, as per the agreed formula, to give £1342.00 to the PCC as a contribution to the upkeep of the burial grounds in Yarpole and Lucton.
6. Planning
6.1 Core Strategy Settlement Survey: As part of work on the new Core Strategy, Herefordshire Council have circulated a settlement survey to all parish councils on facilities available within the parish to inform the ranking of settlements for the purpose of delivering housing in the county. It was agreed that the Clerk would complete the elements of the survey where the information was available, and that a separate survey would be returned for each of the two parishes in the group parish (i.e. one for Lucton and one for Croft with Yarpole).
6.2 Knoll Cottage: Herefordshire Council planning department are still working to ensure repairs are done to the building and looking to serve an enforcement order in the near future.
6.3 Update on current planning applications/matters: An application for approval of details reserved by condition 6 of the planning permission for 5 dwellings at Croft Crescent has been submitted. It was agreed that the Clerk would contact the developers to discuss linking in the development to the nearby footpath.

7. Community Field Working Group – update and results of survey: The results of the community survey had been circulated with provision of some additional car parking spaces, green space/ open space, children’s play area, trees/small orchard, benches and wildflower planting being the most popular suggestions. It was agreed that the Parish Council would move forward on the basis of developing plans that allowed for a mix of these elements, and the community field working group will investigate how these plans can be developed.
8. Traffic
8.1 Parking restrictions at junctions by church: A meeting had been held with representative from ADL who are working on behalf of Herefordshire Council to look at measures to address concerns about unsafe parking at the two junctions by the church on Green Lane in Yarpole; these concerns have been raised by residents for nearly ten years. A yellow line scheme has been proposed and the Parish Council agreed that they supported the scheme. The scheme will go out for public consultation before any measures are implemented.
8.2 Parking Issue Update: The update on parking and traffic issues, and measures being taken to address these, was noted.
8.3 Bircher Road: There is a need for pavement opposite the campsite in Bircher from Knoll Cottage to the corner to ensure pedestrian safety. It was agreed that the Clerk would contact BBLP concerning the matter.
9. Tree Planting in the Parish: A brief discussion was held on how to encourage tree planting in the parish and it was agreed that anyone seeking advice on which trees were best suited to the location could be directed to the Parish Tree Warden.
10. Updates and action
10.1 Lucton & Bircher Matters: Cllr Daniels has met with Gigaclear to raise the damage done to the bank at Turnpike Lane during the work undertaken by Complete Utilities. Complete Utilities have been made aware that this damage needs rectifying.
10.2 Parish Hall: The markings in the new car park pace will be done when the weather improves.
10.3 PROW and Lengthsman: It was agreed that the Clerk would complete and return the expression of interest form for 2020/21. The Clerk will ask the lengthsman to look at the steps on the footpath going into the community field, as these have deteriorated following damage caused by passing traffic.
10.4 Welsh Water: Cllrs Daniels and Salmon met with representatives from Welsh Water and the Environment Agency to discuss the problems of overflowing sewage from the pumping station in Yarpole. Cllr Daniels circulated a report from the meeting. Welsh Water have confirmed that the problems are caused by ingress of surface water into the sewerage system. Welsh Water have identified a number of properties that are illegally connected to the system and also areas where there are damaged chambers and porous cement joints in the system. Welsh Water want to encourage residents to install soakaways on their properties to take surface water out of the sewerage system and would like to hold an open session in the village to discuss the issues and how residents might help. It was agreed that the Clerk would liaise with them to arrange a date for this. Welsh Water will also look at minor works to repair any damage to the sewerage chambers.
11. Items for next agenda: No items were raised.
12. Date of Next meetings: – 7th April 2020