Minutes October 2019

YARPOLE GROUP PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the meeting held on 1st October 2019 in Yarpole Parish Hall.

Present: Cllr Duncan Grant, Cllr Linda Middleton, Cllr Diane Russell, Cllr Ian Salmon, Cllr Michael Denny, Cllr Geoff Trotter, Cllr Harold Holder, Cllr Barbara Nurse, Cllr Sebastian Bowen, Parish Clerk Ms E Lewis.

3 members of the public were present.

In the absence of Cllr Bott, Cllr Grant chaired the meeting.

1. Apologies for absence: Apologies were received from Cllr Bott and Cllr Daniels.
2. Declarations of interest and written requests for dispensation: Cllr Nurse declared an interest in item 5.5 and it was agreed that she would leave the room during the discussion.
3. Public Participation
3.1 Report from Ward Councillor: The purchase of the velocity patcher will be going through in November, and it will initially be used as a gritting lorry during the winter. Herefordshire Council are making efforts to prepare for Brexit, although this is problematic due to uncertainty over what will actually happen.
3.2 Report from West Mercia Police: No report had been received.
3.3 Views of local residents on Parish matters: Two residents had attended to raise concerns that an increase in security lighting is leading to a rise in light pollution in Yarpole; this can have a detrimental affect on wildlife, and the glare from badly positioned lights can affect drivers. Councillor Bowen agreed to ask Herefordshire Council’s environmental health department for advice on the issue. The replacement of hedgerows with fencing on the corner of Croft Crescent was also raised, and Cllr Bowen will look into this.
4. Minutes of Parish Council meeting held on 3rd September 2019: The minutes were agreed and signed as a correct record.
5. Finance
5.1 Financial statement to date: The financial statement was agreed. The current account has a balance of £34,067.21 and the Business Reserve has a balance of £15,064.75.
5.2 Cheques: Cheques were signed as follows – P Lloyd (defibrillator) £285.77, Clerk wages £540.54, HMRC £14.80, HALC £132.00, St Leonards Café £12.60, K Davies £475.00.
5.3 Bank reconciliation: The bank reconciliation was agreed and signed, together with the corresponding bank statements.
5.4 Wigmore book prize: It was agreed to give £30 to sponsor the tutor group prize at Wigmore High School.
Cllr Nurse left the meeting
5.5 Grant application from Good Neighbour Scheme: The scheme had applied for £300 to fund the purchase and distribution of magnets advertising the scheme across the parish. (The magnets will be distributed with the parishioner magazine.) The scheme currently has 25/26 volunteers and wants to ensure all members of the community are aware of the services it offers. It was agreed to donate £300 to support the project.
Cllr Nurse re-joined the meeting.
6. Planning:
6.1 192737 Tudor House Green Lane, propose garage entrance, oak repairs, buttress wall and pedestrian entrance: It was agreed that the Parish Council supported the application.
6.2 192773 The Stables New House Farm Lucton – retrospective planning permission for wooden fence and metal gates: It was agreed that the Parish Council supported the application.
6.3 191955 South Lodge Lucton – proposed erection of garden room and oak framed bridge: It was agreed that the Parish Council had no objection to the application.
6.4 Gigaclear: Councillors met with representatives from Gigaclear on the 12th September and conveyed residents’ concerns over recent work to the Gigalcear representatives; work is now in process to move the green junction box to the hedge in Green Lane opposite Brook House Farm Lane. Further work will be undertaken by Gicaclear across the parish, and Parish councillors walked round Yarpole with representatives from Gigaclear and their contractors to ensure they are aware of all potential issues when working in the area. It was noted that contractors working for Gigaclear have up to 6 months following work to fully reinstate the verge/highway.
6.5 Update on current planning applications/matters: A brief update on the status of adopted NDPs was provided at the Parish Council summit on the 20th September which the Clerk attended. It is likely that adopted NDPs will need to be reviewed after 2 years, and a full briefing on this is being held on the 6th November.
7. Yarpole Community Field: It was agreed that a working party consisting of Cllr Bott, Cllr Denny and Cllr Salmon would discuss plans for community consultation and bring proposals to the Parish council for approval. Thanks were noted to Cllr Holder for mowing the field.
8. Data Protection Policies: The data protection policies were agreed.
9. Risk Management: The risk management policy was agreed with one amendment, that under the heading of business continuity it should state that the password for the council emails/files will be shared with the Chair and Vice Chair of the Council.
10. Updates and action
10.1 Lucton & Bircher Matters: Some of the speed signs on the road are being obscured by vegetation and Cllr Bowen will ask the locality steward to get these cleared. Residents have raised concerns about the building that has been erected at Lucton Court Farm and the large amount of concrete that has been laid, and whether these comply with planning permission. This will be raised with Herefordshire Council planning department.
10.2 Parish Hall: The hall has been successful in its application to the lottery fund for £10,000. Work on the car park is due to start in November.
10.3 PROW and Lengthsman: Peter Greer will be standing down as Footpaths officer at the end of March 2020, and one of the team working with him, Robert Evered has expressed an interest in taking on the role. The Parish Council agreed to confirm Robert as the new PROW officer as from April 2020.
10.4 SID – update: The second Speed Indicator Device has been ordered and the Clerk is investigating the possibility of hiring the two SIDs out to other Parish Councils. It was noted that a second post will need to be ordered for the SID and Cllr Daniels is arranging this.
10.5 Mortimer Community Benefit Society (Bell Inn): The annual members meeting of the MCBS was held at the end of September and new trustees appointed to the committee. The tenants have now resigned, and the pub is shut, with the committee looking for new tenants. It was agreed that the Clerk would send a note of thanks from the Parish Council to the MCBS committee for all the hard work they are doing on behalf of the community.
10.6 Sewer in Yarpole: The sewer in Yarpole by the pumping station has overflowed on a couple of occasions during the recent heavy rain, leading to foul water being discharged into the stream. This had been reported to Welsh Water who are investigating the situation. The situation has also been reported to the Environment Agency by a local resident. It was agreed that the Parish Council would contact the local MP and Environment Agency to ask that they put pressure on Welsh Water to satisfactorily resolve the situation.
10.7 Ancient Pound: This item was postponed until the November meeting.
11. Items for next agenda: Ancient pound.
12. Date of Next meetings: Tuesday 5th November 2019, 7.45pm
Tuesday 3rd December 2019, 7.45pm