YARPOLE GROUP PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the meeting held on 5th November 2019 in Yarpole Parish Hall.
Present: Cllr Audrey Bott, Cllr Duncan Grant, Cllr Linda Middleton, Cllr Diane Russell, Cllr Michael Denny, Cllr Geoff Trotter, Cllr Andrew Daniels, Cllr Barbara Nurse, Cllr Sebastian Bowen, Parish Clerk Ms E Lewis.
No members of the public were present.
1. Apologies for absence: Apologies were received from Cllr Holder and Cllr Salmon.
2. Declarations of interest: No declarations were made.
3. Public Participation
3.1 Report from Ward Councillor: HRH The Prince of Wales had visited Ross on Wye to open the Gilpin 2020 festival. The design for the new flag for Herefordshire has been chosen.
3.2 Report from West Mercia Police: No report had been received.
3.3 Views of local residents on Parish matters: No residents were present
4. Minutes of Parish Council meeting held on 1st October 2019: The minutes were agreed and signed as a correct record.
5.1 Financial statement to date: The financial statement was agreed. The current account has a balance of £30,040.44 and the High Interest account has a balance of £15,067.31
5.2 Cheques: Cheques were signed as follows – Village Hall £28.00, Pandora Signs SID £2400.00, SLCC (conference) £48.00 , HALC (website) £66.00, BBLP (SID post) £44.53 , Clerk wages £542.74, HMRC £12.60, Clerk (mileage) £117.40.
5.3 Date for finance working party to look at 2020/21 budget and precept: It was agreed that the Clerk would email councillors to confirm a date to look at the first draft of the budget and the precept for 2020/21.
6.1 193322 Berwick House, Mortimers Cross – proposed first floor extension: It was agreed that the Parish Council had no comment on the application.
6.2 193525 Park Lodge Farm, Moreton – proposed agricultural muck storage building: It was agreed that the Parish Council had no comment on the application.
6.3 193610 Lucton Court Farm – retrospective application for concrete over existing farmyard hardstanding: The Parish Council agreed that they objected to the application due the visual impact of the huge amount of concrete that has been laid and concerns about the impact of the water running off from the concrete on the surrounding area.
6.4 193609 Lucton Court Farm – variation of planning permission to allow external dimensions of building to change: The Parish Council agreed that they objected to the application due to the visual impact of the erected building from the road and surrounding area.
6.5 191805 Croft Castle – proposed remodelling and extending car park and associated works, amended and additional (re-consultation): The Parish Council agreed that they supported the application.
6.6 193496 Land at Beechcroft, Leys Lane – proposed variation of condition of planning permission for two, 3 bedded houses: It was agreed that the Parish Council had no comment on the application.
6.7 Update on current planning applications/matter: A position statement on the river Lugg had been issued by Herefordshire Council concerning recent legal rulings on development relating to phosphate levels in the river. This essentially means that any planning application which involves foul drainage, which doesn’t meet the criteria as set out by Herefordshire Council, cannot currently be granted or Herefordshire Council are in breach of the law.
7. Yarpole Community Field – update from working group: The working party updated the group on discussions from their first meeting. The lock has now been placed on the field gate and Cllr Holder was thanked for mowing the field. It was agreed that Cllr Holder be asked to mow the field again, and the field will then be flat rolled in the Spring; the lengthsman will be asked to cut the hedge at the front of the field and collect the hedge trimmings from where the hedge at the side of the field was cut. It was agreed that an A5 leaflet will be printed and inserted in the Parishioner asking for ideas from the community for future use of the field by the 31st December 2019. The results of the consultation will be collated and discussed at the February 2020, following which the working party will investigate costings/plans/feasibility based on the ideas that come forward. The plan is that the Parish Council can then present their initial vision for the field at the Parish Annual Meeting in May 2020.
8. Updates and action
8.1 Lucton & Bircher Matters: The partial road closure whilst Gigaclear work is undertaken has resulted in lorries driving over the verge in Bircher and eroding it which is causing a danger to pedestrians in the area, Cllr Bowen will look into the issue. The conduit pipe by the ford in Lucton is blocked and Balfour Beatty have been made aware of this. The road surface in Lucton on the U92405 was damaged during the Gigaclear work and Cllr Bowen will report this.
8.2 Parish Hall: Work has started on the village hall car park.
8.3 PROW and Lengthsman: The grips on the C1039 on the short stretch by the Kingsland entrance to Yarpole need clearing and the Clerk will contact the lenghthsman to ask that this work be undertaken.
8.4 Ancient Pound: The Clerk has contacted Herefordshire Council’s Archaeologist Julian Cotton to check that any work planned around the ancient pound will be done with the proper supervision and to ask for advice on how to better protect the pound in the future.
8.5 Traffic – update: The second Speed Indicator device has been delivered and the pole for this has been ordered.
9. Items for next agenda: Gigaclear update, volunteer celebration/thanks evening
10. Date of Next meetings: Tuesday 3rd December 2019, 7.45pm