Minutes of the extraordinary meeting held on Wednesday 8th February 2017 at 7.30pm in Yarpole Village Hall
Attendance: Cllr Tony Patterson, Cllr Audrey Bott, Cllr Barbara Nurse, Cllr Diane Russell, Cllr Duncan Grant, Cllr Linda Middleton, Cllr Michael Denny, Cllr Jane Bayliss, Cllr Harold Holder, Cllr David Niblett, County Councillor Sebastain Bowen, Parish Clerk Ms E. Lewis.
1. Apologies – there were no apologies for absence.
2. Declarations of Interest – no declarations were made.
3. Public Participation – The applicants for item 4.1 and some parishioners were present and all issues raised related to item 4.1.
4.1 Application 170079 – Land at the rear of Yarpole Village Hall: The applicants outlined their plan for 2 self-build dwellings. The application includes a gift of land to the village hall which can be used as the hall sees fit. Those present representing the hall were pleased with the proposed gift and that the access to the site already exists. It was noted that change of use for one part of the land (from agricultural to allow for manege) will need to be applied for.
The Parish Council is mindful of the fact that at present the Yarpole Neighbourhood Development Plan does not hold legal weight and within the confines of the existing Core Strategy this application falls outside of the settlement boundary and under RA3 would not be approved. However, the Neighbourhood Development Plan has been agreed by the Parish Council and represents the agreed view of how the PC would like to see the Parish develop over the next 14 years; within this the application for 2 dwellings on the identified site is included within the settlement boundary and forms part of the agreed housing development plan for the Parish.
The Parish Council is concerned about the impact that the addition of a possible 8 vehicles (4 parking spaces per dwelling) will have on road safety, with access to the dwellings being so close to the narrow Green Lane road junction with the B4362 and the possibility of horse boxes needing to access the manege. They would expect any development to include provision for mitigation of road safety issues.
5. Items for the Next Agenda: no particular items were raised.
6. Date of Next Meeting: Monday 6th March 2017, 7.30pm at Yarpole Village Hall
A resolution was passed to exclude the public from the following item
7. Contract for New Parish Clerk: The contract was signed by the Chair and Clerk. It was noted that clause 7.1 in the contract states that the Clerk needs permission before undertaking other employment. It was agreed that as the Clerk was already employed as Clerk to Shobdon Parish Council at the time of applying for the Yarpole Group job this agreement could be taken as read.