Minutes – 4th June 2019

YARPOLE GROUP PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the meeting held on 4th June 2019 in Yarpole Parish Hall.

Present: Cllr Audrey Bott, Cllr Geoff Trotter, Cllr Linda Middleton, Cllr Harold Holder, Cllr Michael Denny, Cllr Andrew Daniels, Cllr Ian Salmon, Cllr Diane Russell, Cllr Barbara Nurse, Cllr Sebastian Bowen, Parish Clerk Ms E Lewis.

No members of the public were present.

1. Apologies for absence: Apologies were received from Cllr Duncan Grant and PCSO Steph Harper.
2. Declarations of interest and written requests for dispensation: Cllrs Russell and Nurse declared a non-pecuniary interest in item 7.3 and signed the book accordingly. It was agreed that they could stay in the room but take no part in the discussions.
3. Public Participation
3.1 Report from Ward Councillor: Cllr Bowen has been round the parish with the BBLP locality steward to note any defects. The Herefordshire Independent Group are forming the cabinet and the first cabinet meeting has now been held.
3.2 Report from West Mercia Police: No report had been received.
3.3 Views of local residents on Parish matters: No residents were present.
4. Minutes of Parish Council meeting held on 7th May 2019: The minutes were agreed and signed as a correct record.
5. Annual Accounts – 2018/19
5.1 Certificate of exemption: As the parish council income and expenditure for 2018/19 were both below £25,000, it is exempt from the external audit (or limited assurance review). The certificate confirming this was agreed and signed by the Chair and Clerk.
5.2 Annual Governance Statement: This statement was considered and agreed. The Chair and Clerk signed the statement.
5.3 Annual Accounting Statements: The clerk introduced the statements and the headline figures from the annual accounts. The statement was considered and agreed, and then signed accordingly. The internal audit has been carried out by Gillian Vaughan.
6. Finance
6.1 Financial statement to date: The finance statement was agreed. The current account has a balance of £30,172.90 and the Business reserve £15,054.68.
6.2 Cheques: Cheques were signed as follows – Village Hall £14.00, Gill Vaughan £150.00, Clerk wages £540.54, HMRC £14.80, HMRC £45.90, Peter Greer (PROW) £9.00.
6.3 Date for finance working party: It was agreed that the date for the working party would be confirmed by email.
6.4 Additional money for PROW budget to purchase petrol hedge trimmer: It was agreed to allow an additional £180 for the footpath budget for the purchase of a petrol hedge trimmer.
7. Planning:
7.1 191575 Orchard Lees, Yarpole – replacement of rear flat roof: It was agreed that the Parish council had no objection to the plans.

7.2 191476 8 St James Close, Yarpole – proposed new dwelling: The site was agreed for 1 dwelling during development of the adopted NDP and as such policy YG8 applies. The application contains very little detail, and when full planning is applied for, the Parish Council would like the following issues considered: any dwelling should be in line with the building line of the adjacent houses on Green Lane (YG8a) and set back from the hedgerows on Green Lane which the current drawings do not suggest is the case; the houses on St James Close exhibit a visually pleasing symmetry and the new dwelling should have minimal impact on this; the footprint of the new building should, as far as is possible, reflect that of the existing properties on St James Close; a bungalow would have the least impact on the residential amenity of adjacent dwellings and the visual character of the area and should be a preferred option for the new dwelling.
7.3 191572 – Yarpole Parish Hall – proposal to extend storage area at rear: It was agreed that the Parish Council supported the plans.
7.4 Current planning applications/matters: Concerns raised by a resident about hedgerow removal on Bircher common have been investigated by the planning enforcement department of Herefordshire Council, who found that hedgerows had been trimmed but not removed. The Clerk has also been in communication with the planning enforcement team concerning the extension of the rear boundary at Meadowcroft, and the matter is being investigated.
8. Updates and action
8.1 Lucton & Bircher Matters: A child was recently knocked off their bike by a driver in Lucton. It was agreed that a letter from the Parish council would be delivered to all households reminding them of the need to drive with care in the area. Gigaclear have been undertaking work in Lucton, although residents did not receive prior warning of this. There has been some damage to parts of the road/driveways where diggers were parked and it was agreed that the Clerk would contact Gigaclear to raise these issues. Gigaclear have also been in contact with residents of Old Barn court in Bircher over access to lay cable to the houses.
8.2 Parish Hall: No issues to report, aside from the plans discussed under item 7.3.
8.3 PROW and Lengthsman: It was agreed the ask the lengthsman to look at cleaning and maintenance of the two benches in Yarpole and how many hours work this would involve. The state of the brook in Yarpole was raised and the Clerk will write to the residents in the properties adjoining the brook reminding them of their responsibilities as riparian owners.
8.4 SID – deployment, usage and review: The SID is now in use in Bircher. Following concerns over the difficulty of accessing the battery in the SID, and the possibility of adding a solar charger to the unit, it was agreed that Cllr Daniels would contact the manufacturer to discuss options and report back to the Parish Council to then agree a way forward. The possibility of purchasing a 2nd SID was discussed, so that the 2 units could be used at the same time in Bircher, although it was stressed that under current BBLP/Herefordshire council policy the units can only be in any location for 1 month out of every 3. The clerk has been approached by Richards Castle and Orleton Parish Councils to look at the possibility of jointly purchasing a SID, or loaning the Yarpole SID out, and the Clerk will look into the matter and report back to the next meeting.
8.5 Traffic Calming: The Clerk had contacted Balfour Beatty in relation to concerns over pedestrians using Green Lane from the top of Yarpole to the village hall. It was agreed to ask BBLP to draw up a scheme for some signs warning vehicles of pedestrians in the road, for the Parish Council to consider funding.
9. Items for next agenda: Update on SID and parking at the church will be included on the next agenda.
10. Date of Next meetings: Tuesday 2nd July 2019. 7.30pm
Tuesday 3rd September 2019, 7.30pm