YARPOLE GROUP PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 2nd March 2021 via zoom
Present: Cllr Audrey Bott, Cllr Ian Salmon, Cllr Barbara Nurse, Cllr Duncan Grant, Cllr Diane Russell, Cllr Geoff Trotter, Cllr Michael Denny, Cllr Harold Holder, Cllr Sebastian Bowen, Parish Clerk Ms Emma Lewis, PCSO Steph Harper (items 1-3.2 only)
No members of the public were present.
1. Apologies for absence: Apologies were received and accepted from Cllr Daniels and Cllr Middleton.
2. Declarations of interest and written requests for dispensation: No declarations were made.
3. Public Participation
3.1 Report from Ward Councillor: Herefordshire Council have agreed their budget for 2021-22 with council tax going up by 4.9%.
3.2 Report from West Mercia Police: There has been a small increase in crime figures, with a few incidents of vehicle batteries being stolen and children trespassing on private property.
3.3 Views of local residents on Parish matters: No members of the public were present.
4. Minutes of Parish Council meeting held on 2nd February 2021: The minutes were agreed as a correct record and will be signed after the meeting.
5.1 Financial statement to date: The financial statement was agreed. The current account has a balance of £25,981.95 and the Reserve account has a balance of 15,088.06.
5.2 Cheques: Cheques were agreed, and will be signed after the meeting, as follows – Kevin Davies (PROW) £175.00, HALC – annual subscription £599.80, Clerk – Feb wages £579.98, HMRC £5.40, Clerk – office allowance and mileage £88.70.
5.3 Quote for war memorial maintenance for 2021/22: A quote of £500 for the work had been received from Kevin Davies and it was agreed to ask him to undertake the work.
6.1 204430 – 10 Green Lane Crescent – Proposed extension to rear and small extension to front to infill gap between house and garage to form larger hallway: It was agreed that the Parish Council had no comment to make on the application.
6.2 Update on current planning applications/matters: The building conservation team are continuing to look at ways to safeguard Knoll Cottage and move forward with the legal process to ensure the necessary repairs are made to the building.
7. Recruitment of New Parish Clerk: HALC are hopeful that some applications will be coming through for the position that would enable the Parish Council to appoint by mid April. The possibility of utilising the Society for Local Council Clerks locum service should a new Clerk not be appointed was discussed, and it was agreed that should a new Clerk not be appointed, the Clerk would investigate the possibility of appointing a locum Clerk.
8. Proposed Footpath Diversion – Public Path Diversion Order LK5 Version (Part in the Parish of Lucton HR6 9PG): It was noted that the application has the support of the National Trust; the Parish Council agreed that they also supported the application.
9. Updates and action
9.1 Lucton & Bircher Matters: There has been some fly tipping at Gorbetts Bank which has been reported to Herefordshire Council. A broken culvert on Leys Lane has also been reported to Herefordshire Council. The issues with flooding at the Ford in Lucton are being investigated by the drainage team at Herefordshire Council.
9.2 Parish Hall: A committee meeting is being held on the 3rd March.
9.3 Footpaths and Lengthsman: The plans for 2021/22 were agreed and will be sent to Herefordshire Council. It was agreed that the Clerk would email the Footpath Officer to thank him for all the work he has done for the parish.
9.4 Community Field – to discuss issue of dog fouling and moles: The problem of dog fouling in the field has been noted in the Parishioner magazine and people asked to clear up after their dogs; this will be looked at when the plans for the field are discussed. There are moles getting into the burial ground and permission has been requested to go onto the community field to deal with them, and it was agreed that the Parish Council would ask that this be left for the time being.
10. Items for next agenda: No items were raised.
11. Date of Next meeting: Tuesday 6th April 2021