YARPOLE GROUP PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the scheduled meeting of the Parish Council on Tuesday 5 October 2021 7.30pm
Present: Cllrs Audrey Bott; Andrew Daniels; Michael Denny; Duncan Grant; Harold Holder; Linda Middleton (Chairman); Barbara Nurse; Jane Praill; Geoff Trotter.
In attendance: Two members of public; Ward Cllr Sebastian Bowen and Parish Clerk Mrs Maggie Brown.
1. Apologies for absence. All councillors present.
2. Declarations of interest and written requests for dispensation. None were received.
3. Public Participation (limited to 20 minutes)
3.1. Ward Councillor Sebastian Bowen reported: No progress on the requested 40mph limit on B4362 near the school; Knoll Cottage in danger of falling apart – Herefordshire Council (HC) confirms process is being followed; Cllr Bowen is meeting with Chief Executive (of HC) to discuss this.
3.2. Views were raised by one member of public requesting support for a 30mph speed restriction in Lucton village on the C1040. A detailed report was presented to Council, and a digital copy will be circulated after the meeting. See also Item 13.2 discussed at this point and Minuted below.
3.3. Reports from Councillors / Clerk. No reports from Councillors. Clerk reported: Two tree wardens have accepted the voluntary post, the third is still be to contacted; the Parish Council laptop has been serviced and is considerably easier to use; the missing Yarpole sign was reported to Balfour Beatty on 22 September; frequency of emptying dog bin on Community Field reduced from fortnightly to once every three weeks; step at YP7 footpath, by the Community Field, has been repaired.
4. Minutes. Having struck through “…belonging to the Community…” in item 14.2. it was RESOLVED that minutes of the scheduled meeting held 7 September 2021 be signed as a true record.
5.1. The Financial Statement was agreed – see Appendix 1, attached to these Minutes.
5.2. Noted: quarter end report from Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer. The Precept to be set later in the year.
5.3. First draft of the 2022/23 budget. Agreed: to accept recommendations from The Finance Working Group. The Draft Budget will be made available on the website, and adopted in November or December.
5.4. Noted: payments made since September meeting: Kevin Davies £347 & £150 Footpath maintenance; Clerk Payroll Month 5 £532.83; PAYE Month 5 £133.20; Clerk Expenses & Reimbursement £538.08*; Marches Conservation Services £50 maps – Community Field; James Rogers £138 computer upgrade.
*Stamps £3.98; Mileage £13.50; Planning Application Fee £259; Dog Friendly stile £261.60.
5.5. To sign cheques in accordance with the budget RESOLVED the following be signed: PKF Littlejohn External Audit 2020/21 £240; Kevin Davies Footpath maintenance £299; Clerk Payroll Month 6 £532.83; PAYE Month 6 £133.20; Expenses postage £8.91 (not £8.31 as in the Agenda) & mileage £43.20 Total payments £1,257.14. * Addition of £36 payment to Leo Pest Control received after Agenda circulated, paid under Clerk’s delegated powers.
6. Planning: To receive and agree comments on applications to be determined by Herefordshire Council:
6.1. P213438/K – Works to Trees in a Conservation Area Steps Cottage Green Lane Yarpole Leominster Herefordshire HR6 0BD, Leylandi (T1 & T2) – fell trees. Silver Birch (T3) – fell tree as leaning over shed. RESOLVED To support this application.
6.2. P213498/AM – Non Material Amendment Croft and Yarpole, Bircher, Land at Yarpole, Leominster, Herefordshire, Proposed non-material amendment to planning permission 161522 (appeal ref APP/W1850/W/16/165503 – Proposed 6 no. detached dwellings and 4 no. garages) – To allow change of single garage to double garage on Plots 3 & 4., Not accepting comments.
Agreed No comment will be sent to the Planning Officer
6.3. P212785/F – Planning Permission Croft and Yarpole, Bircher, Community field behind the burial ground on U92608 Yarpole Herefordshire HR6 0BB, Proposed change of use from agricultural to recreational use as a community area. Noted: the application, made by the Parish Council, is at consultation stage.
7. Concerns raised about housing development on Eastern side of Yarpole (P161522/F appeal ref APP/W1850/W/16/165503), access and hedging. Noted: The temporary (contractor’s) entrance to the site is considered to have better sight lines and to be safer. Also queried whether native hedge plants could be considered rather than a Laurel hedge. Free trees may be available from the Woodland Trust. Agreed: Clerk to write to planning officer to check conditions applied to this application, and to raise these two points.
8. Noted: updates on current planning applications/matters.
8.1. P212926/AM – Non Material Amendment Land at Yarpole, Proposed non-material amendment to planning permission 161522 (Proposed 6 no. detached dwellings and 4 no. garages) – (appeal ref APP/W1850/W/16/3165503) – addition of a pair of semi-detached garages between plots 1 & 2., REFUSED
8.2. P212489/AM – Non Material Amendment Land at Yarpole, Proposed non material amendment to planning permission 161522 appeal reference (APP/W1850/W/16/3165503) (Proposed 6 no. detached dwellings and 4 no. garages)- Improvement to elevations on Plots 1 & 2., Approved with Conditions
9. Grant Application Form. Following a minor amendment, it was RESOLVED to adopt the application form and make it available on the website.
10. Community Field.
10.1. Members of the Community Field Working Group. It was agreed to include Cllr Jane Praill in the group.
10.2. An update from the Community Field Working Group was received. Noted: Cllr Praill will complete a Grant Application to be submitted by end 6 October. Examples of utilities ‘housing’ can be seen at Kingsland. Final decisions will be taken after the community has seen proposed layout/plans for the Field.
10.3. Action was agreed as follows.
• Car park to be located on the left-hand side when entering the field. Area from the entrance to the car park to have appropriate surface (to prevent cars getting stuck between the road & the car park).
• Car park to accommodate approx. 9 cars (already agreed by full council). Noted: Approx. 9 as final plans have not yet been drawn up.
• Play area to be located to the left of the entrance gate, beyond the car park.
• Utilities to be installed to the right of the gate on entering the field.
• Cllr Jane Praill and the Clerk pull together plans and estimated costs as per the above.
• When information sufficiently far advanced, a public meeting to be planned.
• After the public meeting, a second more detailed planning application to be made.
11. Public Rights of Way and Lengthsman. Cllr Duncan Grant reported – the pavement in front of the Church has been swept. Lengthsman to be asked to complete annual task checking grips & cleaning signs. Clerk to arrange.
12. Parish Hall (Cllr Daniels). Reported:
a) Volunteers to fulfil roles of Chairman and Secretary are needed urgently.
b) The original Parish Hall Scheme required 3 representatives to be appointed by the Parish Council. The Scheme will be updated in due course.
c) The Parish Hall is willing to install further storage to assist various groups. Contributions to the cost will be sought by the Parish Hall. Insurance would be covered by the Parish Hall.
Further to discussion, RESOLVED that one councillor only will represent the Parish Council at Parish Hall meetings. Cllr Jane Praill agree to fulfil this role, and Cllr Andrew Daniels stood down.
13. Lucton & Bircher Matters – (Cllrs Trotter and Nurse) To receive updates and agree action:
a) Bircher: No action has been taken on the condition of Knoll Cottage. Agreed: The Parish Council to write an open letter to Herefordshire Council, c.c. the Hereford Times. Cllrs Nurse & Denny to draft letter.
b) Bircher: A car parked on the pavement in Bircher to be reported to PCSO Steph Harper. Clerk to action.
c) Lucton: The Ford is blocked again and levels are rising. Clerk & Cllr Trotter to report to Balfour Beatty.
d) Lucton: Uncertainty about P200626/F Rose Cottage raised. Noted: Application is on hold due to high levels of phosphates in the Lugg catchment area.
e) Agricultural storage reportedly being used for straw rather than muck as agreed. Cllr Bowen to follow up.
13.1. Cattle Grid preventing pedestrian access and exit to Croft Castle from the Bicton end. Reported: residents and the Walking Group have raised concerns about access. RESOLVED Clerk to write to Ian Grafton, Area Administrator and the Head Office of the National Trust asking that pedestrian access be made available, stressing the continued use over a number of years, and the potential for Easement of Prescription.
13.2. Change of speed limit from 60mph to 30mph in Lucton Village. Following a short presentation by a resident it was agreed the Clerk should find out whether a Traffic Regulation Order has been submitted and the subject be added to the Agenda in November for further debate. A suggestion of a list of ‘near misses’ was put forward. It is understood only traffic incidents involving the Police are recorded in statistics.
14. Training schedule received from the Herefordshire Association of Local Councils (HALC). Agreed – Clerk may book training sessions without seeking permission first. Councillors noted training available and will respond to HALC as individuals.
15. Items for next agenda. Asset Register; 30mph speed limit on C1040 Lucton.
16. Date of next meeting: Tuesday 2 November 2021, 7.30pm.
Meeting closed 21:41