The NDP Referendum result was “yes”! 92.8% voted to adopt the plan.
The Yarpole Neighbourhood Plan has been developed to help deliver the local community’s requirements and aspirations for the plan period up to 2031. The Plan will provide a means of guiding, promoting and enabling balanced and sustainable change and growth within the designated area of Yarpole Group parish.
Background: The 2011 Localism Act reformed the planning system offering communities an opportunity to take a leading role in how their local environment would develop. Yarpole Group Parish Council asked Herefordshire Council to designate the parish as a Neighbourhood Plan Area, and this was agreed in February 2013. A steering group of interested local residents from across the parish was appointed by the Parish Council to start work on developing a Neighbourhood Development Plan, many of the group had been involved in developing the Parish Plan. The Steering group members were Brian Barnett, Tom Rogers, Audrey Bott, Robert Chitham, Kate Darby, Jo King, Liz Connolly , Barrie Morgan, Peter Furneaux, Mark Richards, David Connor, and Andrew Thompson.
Regulation 14 Consultation: The regulation 14 consultation on the draft plan took place in summer 2016 and responses from organisations and individuals were received and considered. The plan was then revised and a consultation statement drawn up, which details all the stages the plan has gone through within the Parish to ensure full and wide consultation with residents. The Parish Council agreed the draft plan at a meeting in December 2016 and it was then forwarded to Herefordshire Council.
Regulation 16 Consultation: The regulation 16 consultation took place from 6 April to 25 May 2017 at the end of which Herefordshire Council agreed the plan was ready to progress to independent examination. You can access their decision notice here.
Independent Examination: The Parish Council agreed to appoint John Mattocks to undertake the examination of the NDP . John started his examination at the end of October 2017 and published his report at the end of January 2018. He made a number of recommendations and confirmed that the plan was ready to proceed to the final stage of the process which is a referendum on adoption. The Parish Council discussed his report and recommendations at their meeting on the 6th February 2018 and agreed they were happy to accept all the recommendations. The NDP and associated documents were then revised accordingly and these were agreed at the Parish Council meeting in March 2018.
Referendum: The referendum on adoption of the pan was held on the 10th May and 92.8% of those who voted, voted yes. This means that the NDP now has full weight in planning decisions and the Herefordshire council Cabinet Member is due to sign off the plan for adoption on the 8 June. You can access the declaration of the result of the poll here.
You can also track discussions about the NDP through the Parish Council minutes which can be found on the minutes page of this website.
If you have any queries about the NDP, please contact the Parish Clerk, Emma Lewis
Referendum Documents (March 2018)
- NDP post examination
- Yarpole Group Policies map
- Yarpole Village policies map
- Bircher village policies map
- Lucton village policies map
- Yarpole Environmental Report
- Yarpole Group Habitats regulations assessment report
Regulation 16 consultation
- Yarpole Group NDP Reg 16 Submission final
- Yarpole Group NDP consultation statement April 2017 final
- Yarpole Group NDP Basic Conditions Statement
- Yarpole Group_Env_Report_Jan17
- Yarpole Group NDP consultation statement appendices April 17 final
Regulation 14 Consultation
- Changes made after regulation 14 consultation
- Schedule of Representations and responses to Reg 14 consultation
Pre-regulation 14 feedback
Housing Site Allocation and Settlement Boundary Information
- Site Deliverability Assessment
- NDP Site allocation update January 2016
- List of sites offered as at November 2015
- Update to Parish Council on dwellings November 2015
- NDP prop settlement boundary and site allocation November 2015 Key A3
- NHP prop settlement boundary and site allocation November 2015 Yarpole and Bircher A3 1
- NHP proposed settlement boundary and site allocation November 2015 Lucton A3
- NDP Development Criteria October 2015
- Call for sites April 2015
Steering Group Minutes
- December 2014
- January 2015
- February 2015
- March 2015
- 8 April 2015
- May 2015
- 2 june 2015
- 11th June 2015
- July 2015
- September 2015
- October 2015
- November 2015
- December 2015
- January 2016
- 2 February 2016
- 24 February 2016
- 9 March 2016
- 30 March 2016
- September 2016
- October 2016
- November 2016
Documents used to inform NDP
- Evidence base
- Council tax band analysis yarpole group Parish. 1
- Settlement patterns vers 3 2
- Section106- whole doc
- Section 106 document explanation
- Parish birth data pdf