Minutes October 2015

YARPOLE GROUP PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the Meeting of Yarpole Group Parish Council held on
Wednesday 14th October 2015 at 7:30pm, in Yarpole Parish Hall.

Present: Cllr Audrey Bott (Vice) Cllr David Niblett Cllr Diane Russell, Cllr Michael Denny Cllr Harold Holder Herefordshire Cllr Bowen

Apologies: Cllr Tony Paterson (Chair) Cllr Duncan Grant Cllr Iris Lawson, Cllr Barbara Nurse

The meeting was chaired by Councillor Audrey Bott.

107/15 Declarations of Interest: None.

108/15 Public Participation: None.

109/15 Minutes of the Meeting of 9th Sept 2015 were corrected and approved as record.

110/15 Herefordshire Council Report:
Flood Sacks: New invention – sacks that store small and light, easy to distribute. SB will bring info to next meeting. In meantime Cllr Niblett let meeting know that we need more sacks in Yarpole, JK to contact BB.
Smallholdings: Revue ongoing, recommendations being published on 27th October and cabinet have final say. Tenants need certainty one way or another.
Core Strategy: To be adopted Friday 16th. 5 yr land supply is covered, good news for NDP.
New Locality Steward starts next week.

111/15 Parish Hall Report: None.

112/15 Finance & Accounts:
15th Sept, current acc £9,920:14, reserve acc £15,019:96
Payments approved:
£440 to Kevin Davies, £822:60 to SLWoodfield, £17:50 to Parish Hall.
Payments received: £25 walk book sales.
Grant applications approved:
£30 490 bus group.
£100 Age UK.
£30 Wigmore School annual prize.
All proposed Cllr Russell & seconded Cllr Holder.

113/15 Town & Country Planning:
YP14 Footpath Diversion at Green lane Cottage site: Now completed. Resolved Clerk write to GP Thomas asking him to install gate at point E on path, where at the moment is a stile.
Price site: Council have told the agent that access is not acceptable. He has not withdrawn application, and council have not refused, so not clear what is happening.

114/15 Neighbourhood Plan:
SG meeting on 15th Sept to finalise suggestions for new settlement boundaries. Presenting to PC & ward councillor on Weds 21st Oct, all councillors to attend. PC will host a public meeting on Sunday 1st November, 3:30pm in St Leonard’s Church. Clerk to publicise.

115/15 Footpaths:
Still no grant from HC, Clerk chasing. In meantime PC has agreed to underwrite footpaths this year to tune of £1,200. We have £250 left of this, and then if the footpaths officer feels need to spend more he will apply to pc on a case by case basis. JK and Peter Greer to write a piece for next newsletter so parish knows how much has been done this year, and how paths improved. P Greer has achieved a lot this year.

116/15 Clerk’s updates:
Yarpole Telephone Exchange: Clerk has contacted BT but no response. Holes have been filled!
Bell Inn closure: Clerk still trying to get response from Ent. Inns.
Phone Boxes: Anthony Bush is chasing up for Clerk.

119/15 Lucton issues: Moon House applic refused, SB offered to discuss with owners, it could be an altered applic would be approved. Conservation officer did not visit site.

120/15 Phone Mast: Cllr Niblett updated meeting that there will be no phone mast on his land as there is no funding provision.

121/15 Date of next meeting: Wednesday 18th November 2015, 7:30pm, Yarpole Parish Hall.

The meeting closed at 8:35pm

Chair ………………………………………………………………………………….
Weds 18th Nov 2015