YARPOLE GROUP PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 29th August at 7.30pm in Yarpole Parish Hall.
Present: Cllr Audrey Bott, Cllr Duncan Grant, Cllr Linda Middleton, Cllr Harold Holder, Cllr Barbara Nurse, Cllr Jane Bayliss, County Cllr, Sebastian Bowen, Parish Clerk Ms E Lewis.
1. Apologies for absence: Apologies were received from Michael Denny, Diane Russell and David Niblett.
2. Declarations of interest: Cllr Nurse made a declaration in regards to a non-pecuniary interest in item 4.1 and signed the book accordingly.
3. Public Participation: No parishioners were present.
4.1 172591 Land at Homelea, Bircher Proposed separation of 2 properties: It was agreed that the Parish Council has no objection to the plans but would like to draw attention to i) the possibility that there exist restrictive covenants which prohibit the splitting of the property into two separate dwellings and ii) the need to ensure rights of way over the access road to the property are confirmed with the owners of the road.
4.2 172537 House, Bicton Pool, Kingsland, proposed extension: It was agreed that the Parish Council had no objection to the application but queried whether the proposed extension takes the building over the maximum permitted increase to its original footprint.
4.3 172939 Lockleys, Yarpole, reduce crown of tree in conservation area: The report on the tree from the Parish Tree Warden was considered, the key points of which were:
• this is a large, mature umbrella shaped tree in the conservation zone;
• it appears healthy and does not present an immediate threat to anyone;
• truncation would be of benefit to the house owner at present but, in the long term, it would bush out very quickly and lose any landscape value;
• the short-term advantage would be more light and space however, over a comparatively short time the benefits would be lost and the landscape value would be greatly reduced;
• it would require regular trimming to keep it in check.
Having considered the report, the Parish Council agreed that they wished to object to the application.
6. Items for next agenda: No items were raised.
7. Date of Next meeting:
Tuesday 5th September 2017, 7.30pm